Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 14.12.2014, 00:44
New New вне форума
Голдмембер

Цитата:
Сообщение от 008b Посмотреть сообщение
У каждого свое кон-фу
согласен, поэтому и делюсь накопленными знаниями)

с 6 скоростей, человек описывает ощущения, прямо с языка снимает:

Цитата:
So a friend also has a sorted 911 like my own and managed to get hold of a catless X-Pipe, I believe its a fabspeed unit without cats.

His car is a 997.1 C2S with following mods:-
1. BMC Panel filter
2. Fabspeed Silicone tube and cap.
3. Resonator removed from airbox.
4. X51 Headers
5. Softronic map
6. PSE

Car made 376BHP with the above at flywheel.

Stock cats and pipes were then removed, battery was disconnected during this and it took just over a couple of hours to remove stock pipes and cats, fitting of X-pipe was fiddly, hardest part feeding the lambda sensors through but some metal wire helped with this.

Battery was re-connected and car was driven for a good 50 miles or so to ensure the ECU had fully adapted to the changes.

I've driven the car previously and we both took the car down a well known stretch of road and noticed the following things including one issue:-
1. Hesitation/jerk when applying throttle to heavy sub 1800rpm, you have to accelerate very very gently to avoid it otherwise you got was could amost be described as a hesitation/misfire, this was not present until fitting the x-pipe, so is definetely caused by this modification, its either the xpipe design or the lack of back pressure from having no cats.
2. Car feels sluggish between 2500-4000rpm, very noticable.
3. Car feels and pulls way way harder beyond 4200rpm and seems to accelerate far harder once beyond 5000rpm, very noticably.
4. The noise, easily twice as loud, if not even more so, noise at idle is far nicer, but at high-revs it just seems plain loud, almost CUP car loud.
5. No apparant change to MPG and no bad smells.